Rainbow Root Roast
1 cup Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
Chicken stock for quinoa
2 sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into ½” chunks
6 medium carrots, peeled and trimmed into 1/2" disks
6 baby turnips, peeled and halved
6 to 8 fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise
1 or 2 large parsnips peeled, ends trimmed and cut diagonally into 1-inch-thick slices
1 celery root trimmed and halved, halves cut crosswise into 1-inch-thick slices
1 or 2 medium onions, peeled and halved, each 1/2 cut into quarters
1 whole head garlic, separated into cloves, unpeeled
2 or 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, sage, or thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
Splash of fig, or berry vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare Alter Eco Rainbow quinoa. Set aside.
- Put all the vegetables and the herb sprigs in a large baking dish. Season well with salt and black pepper, drizzle generously with olive oil, and toss them with your hands to coat them evenly.
- Put the baking dish in the preheated oven and cook, stirring the vegetables occasionally, until they are tender and golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Toss cooked quinoa into roasted veggies, with some additional olive oil, and a splash of fruit vinegar.
For more Alter Eco Cooking Shows and Recipes, Click Below:
Episode 1 - Quinoa Summer Salad
Episode 2 - Mexican Jambalaya
Episode 4 - Spring Quinoa with Asparagus, Pea, and Pancetta Cream Sauce
Episode 5 - Red Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash