Spring Quinoa With Asparagus, Pea & Pancetta Cream Sauce
1 ½ cups Alter Eco Pearl Quinoa
Chicken or veggie broth for quinoa
3 oz pancetta or ham, diced
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 small red onion, diced
2-3 cups chopped fresh asparagus, tough ends discarded
1 lemon, juiced
1 handful chopped fresh basil
1 handful chopped fresh Italian parsley
salt & pepper to taste
1-2 tablepoons lemon zest
2 cups peas, fresh or thawed
1/3 cup light cream
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup of fresh grated Parmesan
- Cook Alter Eco Pearl Quinoa. Set aside.
- With a little olive oil sauté pancetta (or ham) on medium-high for several minutes. Once it become soft, add the garlic & onion.
- Once pancetta starts to brown, lower heat and add the asparagus & lemon juice.
- The asparagus takes longer to cook, so you can lid the pan for 3 minutes to steam.
- Add the herbs, salt, pepper, zest and peas.
- Cook for two minutes and add the cream. Cook down for a minute or 2.
- Thin by adding some milk, a little at a time, stirring. Depending on thickness, you might need more or less liquid.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss with quinoa and shower with grated parmesan
For more Alter Eco Cooking Shows and Recipes, click below:
Episode 4 - Red Quinoa Stuffed Acorn Squash