Breakfast Quinoa with Almond Butter and Cinnamon
A delightful, easy breakfast meal for immediate protein consumption!
- 1 cup Alter Eco Quinoa
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter
- [fresh]ground cinnamon
- pinch (or two!) of Alter Eco Mascobado Sugar
1. Rinse quinoa thoroughly under cool water until water runs clear
2. In a medium saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil–then simmer for 20 min, until the “germ” or spiral tail of the quinoa emerges. Turn off the flame, pull to the side.
3. In the pan, incorporate almond butter and fresh ground cinnamon to the cooked quinoa.
4. Put into bowls and garnish with Mascobado Sugar!