Vegan Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Valentine’s Day isn’t complete without homemade chocolate treats. Keep it low-sugar this year with this delicious vegan and gluten free Chocolate Avocado Mousse. The perfect dessert for a romantic night in.
Adapted from Well Plated by Erin.
2 large ripe avocados
1/2 bar of Alter Eco Sea Salt Chocolate
3 tablespoons of fair trade unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of organic unsweetened almond milk (or vegan milk of choice)
1-4 teaspoons of agave nectar or honey
- Melt chocolate over double broiler. Stir continuously so it doesn’t burn. Once melted remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pit avocados and spoon flesh into food processor.
- In the food processor, blend avocado flesh, melted chocolate, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and almond milk until smooth and fluffy.
- Add in agave or honey 1 teaspoon at a time and blend until you reach your desired sweetness.
- Add your favorite toppings – raspberries, chocolate shavings, vegan whipped cream, strawberries, ect.