Crispy Quinoa Bites by The Healthy Apple
”If you too love this darling quinoa seed, then I know you’ll love this recipe with tiny flecks of basil, onion and chives. It’s the perfect touch that makes this recipe the best I’ve had in a long, long time.”
–Amie Valpone, The Healthy Apple
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup uncooked black or Ruby Red rice
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup Vidalia onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup dairy-free shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 2 chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- 2 cups of homemade tomato sauce, for serving
- Cook quinoa and rice according to package directions. Prepare muffin pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa and rice with remaining ingredients, except chives and pasta sauce; mix well to combine.
- Transfer quinoa and rice mixture to prepared muffin pan. Using a tablespoon, fill each muffin cup to the top, then using a spatula, press down on the mixture to create a flat surface.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 15 minutes. Using a teaspoon, gently remove rice and quinoa snacks from the muffin cups.
- Transfer to a serving platter; serve with a sprinkle of fresh chives and a side of tomato sauce for dipping.