Gluten Free Double Stuffed Sea Salt Chocolate Muffins
These decadent chocolate muffins are made with coconut flour, coconut oil, almond butter and 70% dark Sea Salt Chocolate, making them gluten free, refined sugar free, paleo friendly and absolutely irresistible.
Recipe adapted from The Ambitious Kitchen
- 1/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup Equal Exchange fair trade cocoa powder
- 1 ½ bar Deep Dark Sea Salt, broken into small chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix together almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar and vanilla until well combined.
- Slowly add in eggs and almond milk and mix until batter is smooth and creamy.
- In a small bowl whisk together coconut flour, baking powder and cocoa powder. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and creamy.
- Fold in ¾ of the chocolate chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Use a spoon to disperse batter evenly into prepared pan. Fill the cups halfway, then place a few chocolate chunks in the middle of each cup, and cover with the remaining batter. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs attached. Cool for 5 minutes then immediately transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.