Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
A delicious and nutritious quinoa salad incorporating authentic flavors of mixed vegetables, the light tartness of the lemon and the earthy texture of quinoa.
Fan Recipe Submission
by Julie Costa
- 1 ½ cups uncooked Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
- 6 T olive oil divided
- 1 red onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 small eggplant, peeled & cubed
- 1 yellow summer squash, peeled & cubed
- 1 green pepper, seeded & diced
- Ground black pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed
- 6 T lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 oz) crumbled feta cheese
- leaf lettuce, if desired
1) Heat 2 T oil in a stir fry pan over medium-high heat.
2) Sauté onion for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic, sauté for 1 minute more.
3) Add eggplant, yellow summer squash & green pepper; sprinkle with ground black pepper and cook till crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add tomatoes & basil, turn heat to low and cook for another 5-7 minutes until tomatoes are tender.
4) Cook quinoa according to package directions.
5) Add vegetable mixture and beans; stir well. Combine lemon juice, 4 T olive oil and ground black pepper. Pour over quinoa and toss well.
6) Chill salad. Add feta cheese when serving. Serve over a bed of lettuce, if desired. Serves 6.