No-Bake Monkey Bites
If back to school means rushing to get the lunches made and struggling to provide a healthy snack for that midday burnout, these nutritious No-Bake Monkey Bites could be the answer. These balls of energy are packed with antioxidants and can easily be prepared ahead of time to slip in your kids lunchbox throughout the week.
Thanks to Kris Kelly of Goofy Foot Foods for partnering with us on this recipe.
5-6 Medjool dates, pitted
½ cup dried mulberries
4-5 Barnana Chewy Banana Bites
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
Optional: 1 scoop plain vegan protein powder – if you choose to skip the protein powder, reduce the nut butter to 1/3 cup.
You choose one:
½ Alter Eco Dark Quinoa Chocolate Bar, chopped
½ Alter Eco Dark Blackout Bar, chopped
- Using a food processor, pulse together mulberries, Barnana bites, and pitted dates into a coarse meal.
- Add almond butter, vanilla, and sea salt. Continue to pulse until mixture comes together.
- Add chopped chocolate bar and pulse a few times to incorporate. Just a few pulses will do the job.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop and form into bite-size bites by rolling between the palms of your hands.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.