Quinoa Granola Bars
These bars are delicious and perfect for a breakfast on-the-go or a healthy afternoon snack. For-go the processed food aisle and make those granola bars at home!
- 1 ½ c. Oats (not the quick cooking kind)
- ½ c. Uncooked Alter Eco quinoa
- 1/3 c. Flax seeds
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ c. Dried Fruit
- 1/2c. Crushed Walnuts
- ¼ c. Alter Eco Mascobado Sugar
- 1/8 c. Agave Nectar
- ¼ c. honey
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Alter Eco chocolate bar, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease a 9”x9”glass baking pan or pie plate.
2. Wash quinoa and drain thoroughly.
3. In a medium bowl combine oats, flax seeds, and crushed walnuts.
4. Pour mixture into a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes stirring occasionally.
5. Heat a medium dry frying pan over medium heat. Toast the quinoa in the pan until golden brown or until it just starts popping.
6. In a medium bowl add dried fruit, mascobado sugar, and cinnamon.
7. Once the oat mixture and quinoa have been toasted, add them to the dried fruit mixture.
8. Add agave nectar, honey and salt. Mix until everything is coated with the honey and agave.
9. Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish, press down firmly and bake in the oven for about 25-30 minutes.
10. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into squares. Seal bars in an airtight container.