Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter GranolaAugust 22 2017
The perfect mid-day snack! Made with our Super Blackout Bar and Nutiva's Liquid Coconut Oil, this granola is perfect atop a smoothie bowl, served with milk or yogurt, or all on it's own!
- 2 cups of oats (gluten free if desired)
- 1 tablespoon of organic cane sugar (can omit for low-sugar option)
- 2 Tablespoons of dried Alter Eco Pearl Quinoa
- 1 pinch of cinnamon (if desired)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter (creamy or chunky)
- 1/4 cup of Nutiva's liquid coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons of agave or maple syrup
- 1 bar of Alter Eco Dark Super Blackout, chopped into chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Over a double broiler, melt the peanut butter, coconut oil and agave or maple syrup. Stir constantly and remove from heat once melted.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, quinoa, cane sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir so it's coated evenly. If too liquidy add more oats.
- Place mixture in the oven and bake for 15 mins, stirring halfway through. Keep a close eye on the granola so as not to burn.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled mix in the chocolate chunks & get snackin'! Store in an air tight container for up to five days.