Senior E-Commerce Growth ManagerJuly 25 2022
Alter Eco has seen incredible growth of its ecommerce business and is looking for the right leader to take us to the next level. You will be responsible for creating the strategy for the brand to succeed across our portfolio, including Shopify (DTC), Amazon, Walmart.com, and others. You’ll work hand in hand with marketing, sales, 3rd party agencies, and operations colleagues to develop breakthrough tactics and make sure the business runs smoothly. You’ll interact frequently with senior management sharing results and opportunities to accelerate growth.
Site experience & merchandising – Constantly improve site experience through execution of hypothesis-driven experimentation. Leverage merchandising (assortment and promotions) to both grow revenue and bring the AE brand to life.
Marketing & promotion – Develop assets for owned website and advertising. Build advertising and promo plans, own budget. Execute product and brand marketing programs with input from Marketing team. Analyze performance of email, paid search, paid social, and other initiatives to maximize advertising effectiveness. Experiment to identify new, profitable marketing channels.
eTailers (Pure Plays & Brick-n-Clicks)
Pricing & product page optimization – Create strategy for cross-channel pricing strategy and 3rd party seller control. Make recommendations for enhanced profitability, strategic vision and for innovation for the channel (ie: pack sizes). Work to optimize product pages for all etailers. Experience with online wholesalers (ie. Faire) a plus.
Marketing – Partner with Marketing to develop assets for product pages on e-tailer sites, and advertising. Proficiency in strategy and execution of Amazon Search and DSPrequired. Experience with external advertising platforms (i.e.: Perpetua) a plus.
Promotional activity and budget – Build out strategy behind annual advertising/promotional plan within budget, execute and analyze activities to improve promotional efficiency. Stay up to date on industry trends and platform changes.
Financial accountability – Own the P&L for the eCommerce business and be responsible for driving profitable growth.
Agency management – Manage outside eCommerce agency to execute strategy in the eCommerce channel, specifically with regard to Amazon. Hold agency accountable through a metric-based approach to KPIs and performance objectives.
Fulfillment – Manage 3PL fulfillment warehousing solution for the purposes of meeting order obligations from DTC, Amazon and third-party drop-ship platforms, and deliver to 99% of zip codes (in the U.S.) in two days or less. Partner with Operations to decrease COGS through more efficient fulfillment.
Email – Manage all aspects of email CRM (i.e. Klaviyo) and routinely create emails, develop publication calendars and accompanying campaigns. Work closely with Marketing and Innovation teams to drive test and learn activations, etc.
Database management – Be fully responsible for keeping external third-party databases (e.g. GS1, IX-ONE, 1WorldSync, Syndigo, etc.) updated with the latest product detail spec information. At the appropriate time, to also launch and manage a database-asset-management (DAM), and product-information-management (PIM) system solution.
Own business results – Forecast and report financial results monthly. Develop a constantly evolving hypothesis on growth levers / hurdles to the business and tie them to results. Build dashboards and conduct ad-hoc analysis to measure efficacy of marketing, advertising and product enhancements.
Subject matter expertise – Continuously research the eCommerce landscape and online competitors, identifying category trends and growth opportunities.
Customer Service Management – overseeing the customer service desk and management of third party service provider.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Curious / experimental – You ask the right questions, hypothesize, and test to find the best solution. You challenge the status quo.
- Analytic & data driven – You are obsessed with data. You constantly seek data to improve business results. You have an insatiable thirst to understand your shopper and what makes them tick. Must have detailed experience of Amazon Vendor and Seller Central.
- Leader / communicator – You are able to independently devise a roadmap, inspire cross functional teammates to execute your vision, then concisely communicate results to company management.
- Business acumen – You are a strong, critical thinker. You have excellent project management skills. You marry high level perspective for effective prioritization with attention to detail.
- Adaptable & collaborative – You are willing and able to flex to the demands of a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and priorities. You enjoy collaborating with colleagues to get the job done regardless of official job description. You enjoy learning and growing in your work.
- Tools – Experience with Shopify, Klaviyo, Google Analytics, Google/Bing Ads, Facebook Ads Manager, Amazon Ads, and analytic tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, Segment)
- 3-5 years of related experience.
This position may be considered for a permanent remote work option.