Senior Sales Manager West, Canada, Alt ChannelJuly 25 2022
The Sales Manager leads the company's strategy for the Western U.S. territory, Canada and the Alternative Channels for revenue growth, distribution, and promotions. This individual leads the sales efforts in these channels by presenting Alter Eco products to buyers, managing the broker network, generating new leads in alternative channels, and ensuring execution of promotions.
This position is also responsible for managing relationships with key distributor partners, working with the distributor partners on promotional plans, and working with the Alter Eco team to monitor distributor inventory levels, set up new items, and communicate any issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver profitable territory sales growth in the grocery and natural channel.
- Manage territory trade spending, analyze promotional and program performance, make appropriate adjustments to enhance and improve ROI.
- Direct, manage, and lead broker selling force to obtain appropriate share of broker resources, achieve alignment, focus, and sales forecast.
- Monitor and track customer and broker performance; develop action plans to address challenges and maximize opportunities. Must be comfortable working with syndicated data.
- Develop and implement account and channel specific sales plans to achieve revenue and distribution goals.
- Prepare and deliver company presentations and proposals to target retail accounts.
- Conduct regular field visits with broker sales representatives.
- Solid understanding of customer requirements needs and trends. Ability to translate customer knowledge into effective sales strategies.
- Execute in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Identify and develop new sales opportunities (accounts, products, programs, channels, etc).
- Manage, influence and lead relationships with brokers, distributors and customers to achieve objectives.
- Effectively communicate and service key accounts, vendors, internal organization, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor and report on market conditions and events, customer issues and competitive intelligence.
- Attend industry trade shows and events.
- Up to 70% travel throughout territory.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Bachelors degree in business or a related field
- 3+ years in natural/ grocery sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Team player
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Passion for sustainability and activism
- Humility and hustle
This position may be considered for a permanent remote work option.