Strategy and Business Development AnalystJanuary 11 2023
The strategy & biz dev analyst supports strategic decision-making for the Company at large by working cross-functionally to unlock key growth prospects and revenue-driven insights. As well, the analyst will support the senior manager in streamlining organizational processes and heightening communication both internally in the organization and externally with key revenue-related partners and stakeholders. Areas of regular focus include, but are not limited to, category management of syndicated sales data, analysis of direct shipment revenue, analysis of key customer portal data, and other areas that more broadly support the pursuit of not only sales forecasting improvements, but also the development of tools and reporting so as to better serve the sales team as well as the other departments.
- Analyze and regularly report-out broadly to the organization on monthly SPINS data, insights and create visualization charts/graphs/tables to improve the Brand’s sell story toolkit.
- Analyze key account portal data (e.g. WFM, Wegman’s etc.); and further assist in the analyzing of promotional performance and pricing on a monthly basis to assist a greater organizational forecasting trade spend effort and optimize the Company’s investment.
- Lead the aggregation of sales data inputs and population of templates for the purposes of forecasting.
- Author and publish a weekly internal newsletter (e.g. “The Regen Report”) consolidating key announcements and timelines and deliverable due dates related to product ETAs & processes.
- Analyze and synthesize both KeHE and UNFI Clearvue data monthly and communicate with buyers there to point out low in-stock positions by SKU, by DC, etc. (“green is good, red is bad” report).
- Generally, synthesize complex data into compelling reports and dashboards to communicate results and recommendations in a succinct, easy-to-understand manner, to all levels of the organization.
- Support sales team quarterly business reviews and presentations with customized data.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- BS / BA required, degree in statistics, finance, math, economics or another analytical field
- 1-5 years of experience in forecasting and data analysis in a fast-paced consumer packaged goods environment
- Strong analytical aptitude with the ability to analyze/interpret data
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with people at all organizational levels
- Flexibility and adaptability to the demands of a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and priorities
- Ability to find errors in large data sets and identify significant data amid large volumes of routine information
- Process-oriented to work on improvements
- Strong work ethic with a desire to get the job done & the willingness to learn
- Experience working with a forecasting trade platform – a plus!
Salary Range: $60,000 - $90,000