Burnt Caramel Chocolate Pudding
Our 70% Dark Salted Burnt Caramel chocolate takes this rich, creamy chocolate pudding to a whole new indulgent level. Easy to prepare in advance, this little cup of decadence is perfect for any occasion!
- 2 eggs, at room temperature*
- 6 ounces / 170 g Dark Salted Burnt Caramel, finely chopped*
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons Mascobado Cane Sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- tiny pinch of fine grain sea salt (optional)
- topping: whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the chocolate, water, sugar, butter and a pinch of salt in a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, you can create one by combining the ingredients in a medium stainless steel or glass mixing bowl, and then placing this bowl on top of a small saucepan of water. Apply a small amount of heat, just enough to melt the chocolate slowly. Stir until the ingredients come together smoothly.
- While chocolate is melting, separate the whites and yolks of the eggs. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until they hold very stiff peaks. Save the yolks for later.
- Remove the melted chocolate mixture from the heat, and beat in the egg yolks. Add the egg whites and fold gently until the pudding is smooth.
- Pour the pudding into serving cups and chill - preferably for a few hours.
- Optional: serve topped with a bit of whipped cream.
*This recipe uses raw egg - children, pregnant women and anyone with a compromised immune system should avoid eating uncooked egg.
Adapted from Heidi Swanson's Glissade Chocolate Pudding Recipe on her website www.101cookbooks.com