Chocolate Banana French Toast Casserole
- 1 Loaf of french bread (sub cinnamon swirl or gluten free bread if desired) cubed
- 1 bar of Alter Eco Dark Super Blackout chopped
- 1 ripe bananas sliced
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Spray an 8 x 8 cooking dish generously with cooking oil.
- Spread an even layer of bread cubes across the bottom of the dish.
- Distribute half of the banana and chopped chocolate evenly on top of the bread cubes and top with another layer of bread. Repeat one time with the remaining chocolate, banana and bread cubes.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the four eggs. Slowly mix in the almond milk, melted butter and vanilla. Pour slowly over the casserole so it is evenly distributed. Once finished lightly push down on bread crumbs to make sure they're all coated.
- Cover the casserole and refrigerate for at least two hours (or overnight).
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Cook the casserole for 40-45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.