Cocoa Haze Tart
Here is a very elegant and delicious recipe for a cocoa haze tart. Best of all this sweet treat is actually plant-based! The result will blow you away! Thanks to our friends at Sorbabes for the recipe!
For the Crust:
- 1 11oz bag of Dark Chocolate Granola (we used Kind Granola)
- 2 oz Chocolate Hazelnut butter (we used Justin’s)
- 2oz Vegan Butter or coconut oil, plus a little extra for the pan(we used Miyokos)
- Sea salt
- 10” non stick fluted tart pan with removable bottom
- Grind the granola to a fine crumb in a food processor.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the melted vegan butter and the hazelnut butter
- Add a pinch of sea salt
- Mix until fully combined and holds together if you make a little ball.
- Press into tart pan to make an even crust, going all the way to the top edge of the pan
- Chill for 20 minutes
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes to set the crust. Cool fully and transfer to freezer.
Fill the Tart:
- Temper 2 pints of Cocoa Haze SorBabes and fill the tart with about 1 ½ pint, spreading into an even layer. Freeze again.
For the Ganache:
- 2 2.82oz bars Alter Eco Dark Chocolate
- 1 cup Coconut Cream
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts to garnish
- Melt the chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a double boiler, or in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until smooth.
- Bring the coconut cream to a simmer and pour over the melted chocolate, add the sea salt, and blend with an immersion hand blender until thick, smooth and emulsified.
- Let cool at room temp about 2 hours.
- When cool, pour over the Cocoa Haze SorBabes layer and spread out evenly. Top with Chopped toasted hazelnuts. Freeze to set.
- Before serving, let temper for about 10 minutes at room temp, meanwhile garnish hazenuts, your favorite berries, flower and sliced citrus fruit. Slice using a knife dipped in hot water and enjoy.