Flourless 'Blackout' Forest Cake with Coconut Cream
This bold, decadent flourless black forest cake with our Dark 85% Blackout chocolate is not for those afraid of the dark. ;)
- 3 cups of almond meal
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Dark Blackout (about 2.5 - 3 bars)
- 1 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup boiled water
- 1 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- Edible flowers
- Whipped coconut cream
- (Refrigerate 2 cans of coconut cream for 24 hours. Scoop out the hardened parts and with a whisk or food processor, combine with 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of rice malt syrup and whisk for 2-3 minutes or blend for only 1 minute. Be sure not to over process, keep it smooth and creamy.)
- Preheat oven to 180C/355F
- Line cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl, add the cacao and boiled water and whisk well, leave to cool.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the vanilla, rice malt, eggs and olive oil until thick and creamy.
- Add the cooled cacao mix and stir through the almond meal.
- Pour the mix into the cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Leave to completely cool before turning onto cake rack.
- You can decorate the top of the cake or cut the cake in half and layer in-between.