No Bake Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies
What is Halloween if not an excuse to binge-watch spooky movies? These No-Bake Hocus Pocus Spellbook Brownies made with our Salted Caramel Truffles are the PERFECT way to celebrate our favorite Halloween movie - Hocus Pocus! Whip up a batch and spend an evening with your favorite 300 year old witches! 🧙🧙🧙 Recipe made in collaboration with Rylee of About to Sprout.
Try it for yourself and tag us on instagram ---> @AlterEcoSF #FeedYourEco
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 cup cacao powder, sifted
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups raw walnuts
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 ½ cup chopped Alter Eco 85% Blackout Bars (3 ½ bar)
- ½ cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon water (additional as needed)
- 2 capsules of activated charcoal, powder or black food coloring
- 6 Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffles, cut in half
- Candy Eyes
- Line an 8×8 pan parchment paper
- In a large bowl, add almond flour and sifted cacao powder and whisk until no clumps are left.
- In a blender, add maple syrup, walnuts, vanilla and sea salt and blend until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Pour your maple walnut mixture into almond flour and cacao powder mix and combine until a dough like mixture forms and ingredients are well combined with no flour/powder left.
- Add combined mixture into your lined pan and press flat with your hand/back of a spatula until leveled and smooth.
- Place into freezer to set for 10 minutes while you make your ganache.
- In a saucepan, add your coconut milk and heat until it reaches a very light simmer on low heat.
- Add your chocolate and let sit for 5-8 minutes without stirring on low heat.
- Once you notice your chocolate beginning to melt, start to combine with a spatula and remove from heat so it doesn’t split. Combine until ganache is smooth and silky.
- Remove brownies from freezer and pan and slice into 12 bars.
- Coat each bar entirely in the ganache and place Alter Eco Salted Caramel Truffle (cut side up) in the top left corner of your brownie.
- Place bake in freezer until set (about 20 minutes) and make the black icing.
- Add black icing to a zip lock bag and cut the corner of the bag to easily squeeze icing out.
- Remove bars from freezer and decorate as you want and place in freezer to just harden the black icing! Put a dot of icing on back of candy eye and place on top of the Alter Eco Truffle and enjoy!
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.