No Bake Keto 'Almond Joys'
We always love a healthier alternative to a classic treat! These No-Bake Keto 'Almond Joys' are the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet tooth while also maintaining a low sugar, paleo-friendly diet!
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened coconut, shreds or flakes
- ¼ cup coconut oil, solid or melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 12-18 salted almonds
- 2 bars 85% Blackout Chocolate, melted
- ¼ teaspoon coconut oil
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper. Set aside.
- Make the Coconut mounds: Add coconut, ¼ cup of coconut oil and maple syrup to a blender or food processor. Blend until you get a wet and sticky mixture, with smaller, but still noticeable, coconut pieces.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop 1-tablespoon of coconut mixture and pack into balls or mounds. Drop onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to space balls evenly apart. If needed, gently press and shape loose bits of mixture into a firm ball. Using a finger, gently flatten the top of a ball—this is where the almond will sit later. Repeat until no mixture remains.
- Freeze for 15-20 minutes. About 5 minutes before the balls are done freezing, it’s time to prepare the melted chocolate.
- Prepare the melted Chocolate Dip: Use the double boiler method, or the following. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chunks and coconut oil. Heat in 20-30 second increments until just slightly softened and melted. Stir in between heating, until smooth.
- Remove coconut balls from the freezer. Using a fork, dip the coconut ball into the bowl of melted chocolate, coating each one completely. Lay back onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all coconut balls have been coated.
- Add one almond to the top of each mound. If the chocolate has already cooled, you may need to dip the side of the almond in melted chocolate to get them to stick to the top. Repeat for all mounds. Drizzle with coconut flakes.
- Place baking sheet into the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!