Paleo Snickers Bites
Who doesn't love a low-sugar, paleo version of their favorite childhood candy? These yummy 'Snickers Bites' are paleo, gluten free, and dairy free.
For the chocolate
- 1 Super Blackout bar, broken into chunks
- 1 Teaspoon coconut oil
For the nougat
- 1/2 cup of almond butter (or sub nut butter of choice)
- 2 TB of maple syrup
- 1 TB of almond flour
For the caramel
- 12 soft Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 TB of melted coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts, or nuts of choice
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix together almond butter, maple syrup and almond flower. Press a tablespoon of the dough onto a baking sheet and use your hands to create a small square, about ½ inch thick. Allow it to set for a few minutes in the freezer.
In a food processor, blend together the dates, water, vanilla, coconut oil and a small pinch of salt until smooth. Taste it, and if you desire a bit sweeter add another ½ teaspoon of vanilla.
Melt the chocolate chunks and coconut oil together in the microwave or over a double broiler, stirring often so as not to burn.