Quinoa Breakfast Bowl with Peanut Butter Drizzle
Breakfast is always better when it looks like dessert. :) We teamed up with our friends at Nutiva to bring you this bowl of beauty. The secret ingredient to the peanut butter drizzle.. liquid coconut oil!
- 1 cup Alter Eco Royal Rainbow Quinoa
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- handful of blueberries
- handful of strawberries
- ½ banana, cut into slices
- 1-2 squares of Alter Eco dark chocolate of your choice
- 3 TBS organic peanut butter
- 2 tsps Nutiva Oraganic Liquid Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- Rinse quinoa under cold water until water runs clear. Place quinoa, water and coconut milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed and germ has spiraled out, about 15-20 mins.
- To make the peanut butter sauce, simply whisk together peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup.
- In a small sauce pan (or microwave) heat the almond milk.
- In your serving bowl, fill with about 1 cup of cooked quinoa. Top with sliced fruit and chocolate. Fill with warmed almond milk and drizzle with peanut butter sauce.