Rainbow Plate with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Adding a variety of fruits and vegetables in your diet will get you the vitamins and minerals you need. This Rainbow Plate from our friend Kristin McKenna of Therapeutic Chef is just what you need.
- 1 cup of Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa, rinsed
- 1 head of cauliflower, chopped
- 1 bunch of collard greens, chopped
- a dash of salt
- 1 TBS Nutiva hemp seed oil
- 8 oz. jar of roasted red peppers, drained
- 2 small cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 TBS Nutiva red palm oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp miso paste
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ head of red cabbage, shredded
- Place quinoa in a saucepan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until water is absorbed into the grain.
- In another pan steam the cauliflower until soft, then remove.
- Next, steam the collards, until just wilted, then remove.
- Toss the greens with hemp seed oil and salt, to taste.
- Place the roasted red peppers in a blender with the garlic, lemon juice, red palm oil, cumin and miso. Blend until smooth.
- Divide quinoa onto 4 serving plates, Then arrange the collard greens, cauliflower, shredded carrot and cabbage on to each plate. Drizzle with the roasted red pepper sauce and enjoy!