Salted Almonds Puff Pastry
It's time for one of our new Dark Salted Almonds bar to shine! This super easy and delicious Salted Almonds Puff Pastry is perfect as a breakfast pastry or nighttime sweet treat!
- 1 Sheet of Puff Pastry (Gluten free if desired)
- 1 Bar Alter Eco Dark Salted Almonds (plus 2 squares for drizzling)
- 1 Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup Toasted Almonds
- Preheat oven to 250ºF.
- Lightly flour work surface while you defrost 1 sheet of puff pastry. Once defrosted spread puff pastry over work surface.
- Place the chocolate bar in the center.
- Cut diagonal strips approx. 2 centimeters wide on both sides of the chocolate bar. Wrap strips over the bar and "braid" them over each other.
- Mix the egg white and water together in a small dish. Using a pastry brush, brush the mixture over the pastry. This will brown the puff pastry (you can skip this skip if you prefer not to brown it).
- Sprinkle with sliced/chopped almonds or whatever topping you like.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until chocolate is melted.
- Allow pastry to cool and enjoy!