Super Blackout Almond Butter Eggs
This simple 4-ingredient recipe is perfect for your Easter celebration, but can be enjoyed all year long. These Super Blackout Almond Butter Eggs are vegan, gluten free, paleo and absolutely delicious. And with only 1g of unrefined cane sugar per egg... they're absolutely guilt free! The recipe was adapted from the talented Monique of Ambitious Kitchen.
2/3 cup creamy almond butter
1 TBS maple syrup
1-2 TBS coconut flour
1 1/3 bars of 90% Dark Super Blackout (about 3.5 ounces)
- Course sea salt for sprinklingIn a bowl, mix together almond butter, maple syrup and 1 tablespoon of coconut flour. Add another tablespoon of coconut flour if needed to make the mixture a cookie dough-like consistency.
- Using a spoon, scoop a ball of almond butter mixture onto a parchment lined small baking sheet. Slightly flatten and form each ball how you would like. Here we formed into an egg shape.
- Place baking sheet in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, slowly melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat, stirring frequently. Using a fork, quickly dip each almond butter egg into chocolate and coat evenly.
- Transfer back to parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with a little coarse sea salt. Immediately place baking sheet back in freezer for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Makes 8 large almond butter eggs. Keep in freezer until ready to eat.