Quinoa stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Whether you’re going full vegetarian or just trying to incorporate more sustainable ingredients to your Thanksgiving spread, these quinoa-stuffed roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect addition to your dinner menu.
4 sweet potatoes
1 cup Royal Rainbow Quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth
1 TBSP butter (or vegan butter)
1 small onion, diced
2 cups kale, finely chopped
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup dried cranberries
salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Bake the sweet potatoes whole for about 1 hours, until fork tender.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth according to package instructions.
4. Sauté the onion in butter and olive oil with a pinch of salt, until soft.
5. Add the kale, almonds and cranberries and sauté until the kale is soft, about 3 minutes.
6. Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix together.
7. Cut the cooked sweet potatoes in half and place on a plate. Add a large scoop of the quinoa stuffing to the potato, and serve.