Mexican Chopped Quinoa Salad with Cilantro Jalapeño DressingJune 08 2016
Add a spicy kick to your summer salad with this Mexican Chopped Salad with protein-packed quinoa and a feisty cilantro, jalapeño dressing.
Thanks to the talented Courtney Swan of Realfoodology for sharing her recipe. Follow her on Instagram for more delicious quinoa creations!
- 1/2 cup cooked Alter Eco Pearl Heirloom Quinoa
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/4 cup diced grilled chicken
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh or canned yellow corn, drained
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained
- 1/4 shredded carrots
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 small cloves garlic
- 1 medium jalapeño pepper, halved and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place cilantro, oil, lime, garlic, jalapeño, cumin, sugar and salt in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth. You can also blend in a large glass measuring cup or wide jar with an immersion blender.
- Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad ingredients in your favorite salad bowl. Top with chili sauce for an extra kick.
- You could even transform into a beautiful jar salad and take with you on the go. In a large mason jar, first add dressing, then layer with beans, corn, chicken, carrots, avocado, quinoa and top with romaine lettuce. When you're ready to eat, shake the jar and poof... lunch is ready.