Moroccan Summer Quinoa Salad with Herby ChermoulaSeptember 02 2021
Highlight the most flavorful and nutrient-filled end-of-summer produce by combining corn, bell peppers, cucumber in this vibrant quinoa salad. The herby Chermoula makes this dish soar in flavor and texture!
For the Salad:
- 2 cups Alter Eco Organic Rainbow Heirloom Quinoa, cooked and drained according to package directions
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup fresh corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1/2 English Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- Sea salt, to taste
- Fresh black pepper
For the Chermoula:
- 1 peeled garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup parsley
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, bell pepper, corn, cucumber, red onion, and olives. Mix together until all ingredients are incorporated with the quinoa. Chill mixture in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- While salad is cooling, in a food processor or blender, add the peeled garlic clove and pulse for 30 seconds up to 1 minute.
- Add all the herbs, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin, paprika, and salt into the food processor or blender . Pulse until the mixture is well combined but not completely smooth.
- With the processor at a low speed, slowly stream the oil until a sauce starts to form. Taste, and adjust seasoning.
- Remove salad from fridge, pour the sauce over the quinoa salad, and mix well. Serve immediately.
Note: The salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to four days