Quinoa stuffed Sweet PotatoesNovember 04 2021
Whether you're going full vegetarian or just trying to incorporate more sustainable ingredients to your Thanksgiving spread, these quinoa-stuffed roasted sweet potatoes are the perfect addition to your dinner menu.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Rainbow Quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 TBSP butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cups kale, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the sweet potatoes whole for about 1 hours, until fork tender.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in vegetable broth according to package instructions.
- Sauté the onion in butter and olive oil with a pinch of salt, until soft.
- Add the kale, almonds and cranberries and sauté until the kale is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the pan and mix together.
- Cut the cooked sweet potatoes in half and place on a plate. Add a large scoop of the quinoa stuffing to the potato, and serve.