Registered dietitians and culinary pros in the Good Housekeeping Institute Nutrition Lab pored over the nutrition facts, ingredient lists and flavor profiles of hundreds of snacks. Then they enlisted nearly 2,000 taste testers to help choose the winners, evaluating over 5,300 samples and analyzing 49,495 data points.
The main focus was on innovative, tasty snacks in the food space that meet the following criteria:
- Made with real and recognizable ingredients that you can pronounce
- Prioritize fiber-filled and protein-rich sources
- Free from trans fat and partially hydrogenated oils
- 300 calories or less per serving
- 10 g of added sugar or less per serving
- 300 mg sodium or less per serving
Crunchy whole cashews add a twist to this organic granola made with regeneratively farmed oats and naturally sweetened with fruit.
LAB RESULTS: Our dietitians were impressed that the great-tasting granola is free from added sugar and is one of the only granolas on the market that does not contain sugar alcohols.
NUTRITION FACTS (⅓ cup): 160 calories, 8 g total fat, 5 g sat fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 17 g carb, 0 g fiber, 3 g total sugars, 0 g added sugars, 3 g protein