Black Quinoa and Stone Fruit SaladJuly 18 2022
Our friend, Kris Kelly, of Goofy Foot Foods did it again! This time with a summer-inspired salad with black quinoa and yummy stone fruit!
Check out all of Kris' recipes on her website at GoofyFootFoods.com
- 1 cup Alter Eco Black Quinoa, prepared according to package directions and completely cooled.
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 apricots, pits removed and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup organic, shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 bunch cilantro leaves, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Zest of 1 lime (about 1tsp)
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Aminos (feel free to sub Bragg Liquid Aminos)
- 1-2 small apricots, pits removed
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. Let cool completely. (Tip: I make quinoa the night before and refrigerate.)
- Prep veggies and apricots for the salad.
- Using a large bowl, combine cooled quinoa, chopped onion, apricots, bell pepper, shelled edamame, slivered almonds and cilantro leaves. Lightly toss.
- Using a high-speed blender (Vitamix), add pitted apricots, lime juice, coconut aminos and garlic. Give a whirl until well blended. Add lime zest and give a quick pulse to incorporate.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss until well coated.
- Note: I typically serve this salad cold and pour dressing over the salad just before serving.
*vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free