Churro-Inspired Roasted ChickpeasSeptember 07 2021
This sweet plant-based snack is the perfect midday pick-me-up.
- 1 29 oz can of Chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar (or sugar of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons melted Alter Eco Classic Blackout Bar
- Preheat your oven for 400 degrees F.
- Layer the chickpeas on a baking sheet lined with a clean towel. Season with salt and let sit for five minutes. After five minutes, gently pat to remove excess liquid.
- Remove the towel from the same baking tray and arrange chickpeas on the sheet, spreading them out to an even layer. Place chickpeas in the oven and bake for 10 minutes until they are completely dry.
- Remove the chickpeas from the oven, toss with olive oil, and roast for 30 minutes.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, in a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle cinnamon sugar mixture over chickpeas and toss. Roast for remaining 15 minutes until crispy.
- Spoon melted chocolate over chickpeas and enjoy!