Gluten Free Truffle Cake CupsFebruary 04 2023
The easiest way to anyone's heart is through their tastebuds! These gluten free Truffle Cake Cups are the perfect Valentine's Day treat!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 TBS milk (or almond milk)
- 3/4 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bags Dark Chocolate Truffles OR Classic Chocolate Truffles
- 1 bar Deep Dark Sea Salt Chocolate, chopped
- Seasonal sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, the gluten free flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt until evenly combined. Then whisk together the butter, milk, and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy. Using a rubber spatula, mix in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Roll the dough into balls and press into the cups of a well-greased mini muffin tin. Use the end of a wooden spoon of your finder to create an indentation in the center, creating a cup shape.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Remove from the oven. While the cookies are still warm, use your wooden spoon to press the cup shape again and allow the cups to cool completely.
- While the cups are cooling, melt the chocolate bar in the microwave in 20 second increments, or over a double broiler.
- Add a dab of melted chocolate to each cookie cup and press a full Chocolate Truffle into each cup.
- Drizzle with remaining dark chocolate and sprinkles and allow to cool completely so the chocolate hardens.