Strawberry Salt & Malt S'moresAugust 07 2023
Take your s'more game to a whole new level with these delicious Strawberry Salt & Malt S'mores with homemade coconut sugar marshmallows.
For Coconut Sugar Marshmallows
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- Powdered sugar
For the S'mores (makes 20 total)
- 1 bars of Alter Eco Dark Salt & Malt chocolate, cut into squares*
- Strawberries, sliced
- Graham Crackers (gluten free if desired)
- Combine gelatin and ½ cup water. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, dissolve coconut sugar and water. Bring to a rolling boil.
- Add gelatin mixture and heat until candy thermometer reads 240 degrees. DO NOT STIR.
- Transfer to mixing bowl. Add vanilla and beat on low for 2-5 minutes.
- Increase mixing speed to high, beat an additional 10-15 minutes until mixture has doubled in size.
- Pour into square baking dish coated with powdered sugar. Leave aside to set, minimum 4 hours.
- Cut marshmallow into around 20 squares and sprinkle all sides with powdered sugar.
- Toast marshmallows over fire and roast sliced strawberries to desired tenderness.
- Layer strawberries, marshmallow, and Alter Eco Salt & Malt chocolate over a graham cracker square and top with second graham cracker.