Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes with Mint Ganache FrostingApril 30 2015
These delicious chocolate chip cupcakes can be made with any Alter Eco chocolate combination. Sea Salt chocolate chip cupcakes with Brown Butter ganache frosting. Or Mint chocolate cupcakes with Mint ganache frosting. Have fun with your own creations!
Thanks to Claire Smith from www.handfulofsunshine.com for sharing her mouth-watering minty creation with us!
For the cake (makes 6)
- 2 oz butter, softened
- 2 oz fair trade cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 oz self-rising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 bar Alter Eco Dark Mint Chocolate
For the ganache
- 1 bar Alter Eco Blackout 85% Chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cream the butter thoroughly with the sugar then beat in the egg.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder and fold in gently.
- Chop the chocolate bar into roughly chip-sized chunks and carefully fold into the batter along with the milk.
- Turn the mixture into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- For the ganache, melt the chocolate carefully over a water bath.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cream and peppermint essence.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until the ganache has cooled and set enough to use, before spreading it onto the cupcakes.