Sweet Quinoa Breakfast PorridgeSeptember 16 2021
Don't let this sweet & delicious dish fool you... it's packed with nutrients to start your day and full of planet-friendly ingredients. Switch things up with local, seasonal fruits and whatever pantry staples you have on hand.
- 1 cup uncooked Alter Eco Organic Rainbow Heirloom Quinoa (rinsed)
- 2 cups plant-based milk (Oat, almond, or soy)
- 1 cinnamon stick or 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 1 handful coconut shavings
- 1/2 Alter Eco Quinoa Crunch chocolate bar, chopped
- In a small pot, add the rinsed quinoa, milk, and cinnamon and stir together.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Once the mixture comes to a boil, immediately reduce the heat to a simmer and cover the pot with a lid.
- Let the quinoa cook for approximately 15 minutes, until the majority of the milk is absorbed. Taste quinoa for doneness. Once quinoa is tender, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes. If the porridge is too thick, add an additional milk to achieve desired consistency.
- Remove porridge from pot (and cinnamon stick if using) and top with banana slices, strawberry slices, coconut shavings, and chopped Alter Eco Quinoa crunch bar.
- Serve in your favorite bowl!
Note: You can add any toppings of your choosing to this recipe! Other great options include blueberries, peanut butter, chia seeds, honey, etc. Feel free to mix and match!