Carrot Cake Quinoa Cereal
It's time to upgrade your morning cereal. Cooking quinoa with carrot juice instead of water adds a pack of vegetable nutrients and color to this cereal mixture. Mix it with milk, add it to the top of your yogurt, enjoy whatever way you want.
Makes about 2-3 servings
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups carrot juice
- 1 tbs flax seeds, ground
- 1 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 3/4 tbs agave nectar
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Ping of salt
- Cook the quinoa to packaging instructions substituting water with carrot juice.
- Let cool completely before proceeding.
- Preheat oven to 375°F, and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cooled quinoa in with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Spread the mixture out on your prepared sheet in as thin and even a layer as possible. This will help the cereal bake up nice and crispy, so take your time smoothing it out with either a spatula or lightly moistened hands.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until lightly browned.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container.