Italian Inspired Tofu Quinoa Bowls
These protein-packed vegan Tofu Quinoa Bowls are the perfect weeknight dinner. Make sure to marinade your tofu for 1-2 hours or overnight for extra flavor!
Recipe by Kris Kelly of Goofy Foot Foods.
- 1 cup Alter Eco Pearl Heirloom Quinoa, prepared according to package directions
- 1 lb sprouted tofu, sliced drained and pressed for up to 1 hour
- 1 Tablespoon high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon coocnut vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 Tablepsoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Fresh chopped chives to taste
- Drain tofu and cut into equal sections.
- Place a clean, dry towel on a baking sheet.
- Lay tofu in a single layer and cover with another clean, dry towel.
- Place a heavy skillet on top. This will help press out excess water. Leave skillet for 30-60 minutes.
- When finished pressing, cut tofu into cubes and place in a shallow dish.
- Combine marinate ingredients and pour over tofu to fully coat each piece.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Measure and rinse quinoa. Prepare according to package directions.
- Note: I enjoy using vegetable broth instead of water for this dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a parchment lined baking sheet, place marinated tofu in a single layer onto pan (Reserve excess marinate to use during sautéing). Place in preheated oven and bake 20 minutes. Remove and flip tofu over. Continue to bake another 15 minutes or until golden on both sides.
- Using a large skillet, over medium heat, add 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil and baked tofu. Sauté 3-5 minutes. Mix remaining marinate with 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder over tofu and toss until well coated. Add fresh cracked pepper to taste.
- Serve warm tofu with quinoa and chopped chives or scallions. A side salad completes the meal.