Black Quinoa Fiesta Bowl
This quick and easy Black Quinoa Fiesta Bowl is packed with 12 grams of protein per serving,.. perfect for a weeknight lunch or dinner.
Thanks to Kris Kelly of Goofy Foot Foods for sharing her recipe!
- 1 cup Alter Eco Royal Black Quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth (or use water)
- 1 can Eden Foods black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 fresh mango, diced (skin removed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 large jalapeño, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 large lime (about 3-4 TBS)
- 1 tbs coconut aminos
- 1 large clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbs coconut nectar
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions. (Note: I substituted vegetable broth for the water as directed on the package)
- Set aside and let cool.
- Using a large bowl, combine bell pepper, onion, mango, jalapeño, cherry tomatoes and cilantro.
- In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients: lime juice, coconut aminos, pressed garlic, coconut nectar and spices. Pour over prepped veggies and toss.
- Combine cooled black quinoa, rinsed and drained black beans and vegetable mixture. Lightly toss. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired.
- Serve cold. ENJOY!
Notes: vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free